Director of Team Development
Amy joined the Ambassador Advisors team in July 2006. As the Director of Team Development, she provides oversight for hiring, training and the ongoing development of Ambassador Advisors team members. The efforts of the Team Development department promote a “culture of continuous learning” at Ambassador. This culture contributes most specifically to the firm’s core values of Following God, Demonstrating Expertise, Fostering Teamwork, and Enriching Relationships.
Family & Hobbies
Amy lives in Mount Joy with her husband, Patrick. Their hearts are blessed to claim two adults as their children – Katie and Jebastin. She enjoys walking, usually with their Labradoodle, Moose. She also loves listening to worship music, nature photography, spending time with family and friends, writing, and reading. She recently co-authored a book with Jebastin, He Never Stops Working. This book is a story of God’s faithfulness, and a shared testimony of how they met in person after a child-sponsorship connection of nearly 20 years.
Education & Experience
- Pennsylvania State University; B.S. in Accounting
- Youth With a Mission; Discipleship Training School and Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL) School
- Certified John Maxwell Team Coach, Trainer and Speaker
- Certified DISC Personality System Trainer
- Graduate of Leadership Lancaster’s Core Class of 2019
- SHRM-SCP (Society for Human Resource Management – Senior Certified Professional)
- Member of the Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM), nationally and locally.
- Member of the Board of Directors for Mount Joy Gift & Thrift, whose purpose is to support worldwide relief efforts of Mennonite Central Committee.
- Member & Lay Minister of Outreach at Mount Joy Mennonite Church
- Amy serves her colleagues, church family, and other nonprofit organizations locally. She is also an international traveler and has visited and served in numerous countries in the Caribbean, Asia, and Central America.
Why I like working at Ambassador Advisors …
The team at Ambassador is near and dear to my heart. I love being part of the growth and development of each team member, which in turn contributes to elevated client service and to the overall growth of our firm.
Favorite Bible Verse & Quote
Jesus said, “How can I describe the Kingdom of God? What story should I use to illustrate it? It is like a mustard seed planted in the ground. It is the smallest of all seeds, but it becomes the largest of all garden plants; it grows long branches, and birds can make nests in its shade.” (Mark 4:30-32)
“I have a mustard seed and I’m not afraid to use it.”
Learn with your friends!
Group educational opportunities for your church, nonprofit organization, neighborhood, or small group Bible study.
• Why should we not fear?
• What can we learn from history?
• What does the Bible say about the future?
• What principles transcend economic conditions?
• What resources can help right now?
The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act went into effect in 2018. The recent CARES ACT was passed in 2020. Their passing by Congress marks the most sweeping tax code overhaul in decades. Some experts suggest the significant changes could impact America's finances in many ways. Hear from professionals to determine how your financial plan for retirement, your children's college savings, and your tried-and-true strategies for charitable giving may be affected. Wise choices in light of this new legislation can help maximize your charitable giving and bless your family in the future. The rules have changed, but the principles of stewarding our financial gifts from the Lord remain the same.
A stewardship-centered planning process helps to focus on the eternal, instead of the temporal. By making good financial decisions, all of which are faith decisions, you can achieve proper balance. Everyone is asking three fundamental questions when they look at money:
• Who owns it?
• What are the finish lines? (How much is enough?)
• Is the next steward chosen and prepared?
As you plan your life, you must decide how to steward your finances. This seminar will direct you how to ask and answer the right questions when it comes to using money as a tool, a test, and a testimony.
This introduction to Biblically Responsibly Investing will explain the term 'fiduciary' and present a helpful overview of basics such as equities, fixed income, and risk diversification. While a large variety of investing opportunities known as 'responsible' exist, some may not align with your faith and values. Socially responsible investing, environmentally responsible investing, governance investing, and others may still support companies and causes you wouldn't be proud to own. In this seminar, we will explore how BRI is fundamentally different.
This practical seminar dispels 15 common financial misunderstandings among families at every point on the spectrum of planning. From young people starting out to mid-career adults with family responsibilities, as well as those approaching retirement or already retired, you will learn timeless truths about college and retirement savings, investments, risk, insurance, estate planning, charitable giving, and more.
Ambassador Advisors offers educational opportunities on many topics, for any group. Want to learn about how the COVID-19 pandemic is affecting the financial markets and your retirement savings? Need help planning for retirement and college savings? Looking for the best ways to financially support charities and your church, while also leaving a legacy for family? We can help!